A fall detector pendant may be recommended instead of a standard pendant, but only in specific cases where it is necessary.
A fall detector has in-built technology which should detect more than 90% of falls - meaning it increases the chances of raising the alarm, in people who may not otherwise press their pendant. (i.e. due to dementia, black outs).
Carecall offer a managed fall detector service which includes the following:
- Automatic fall detection function, with manual trigger button - so it can be used like a standard pendant also.
- Vibration and LED light confirmation.
- Easily cancelled alerts to minimise false alarms.
- Waterproof and shock-resistant wearable device.
- Hypoallergenic plastic.
- Replaceable battery and auto low battery reporting.